NaNoWriMo Motivation – Pants of Shame
Hi guys. Again.
It looks like I missed the memo to write about NaNoWriMo today. Good thing I have some other posts saved up for later. Here are a few more tips for this glorious challenge.
For every day you do not write, you must wear the pants of shame, courtesy of Kristen Lamb
I was stalking her older posts and saw the picture which of course inspired me.
I will not be doing it this year but after 2011 NaNoWriMo I may make a pair. Why in the name of all that is holy? Why would I do this to myself?
Easy. I have moral support from my friends. My boyfriend will push me to do better and my friends will root me on, but they will love me even if I do not finish. So in order to meet my goal I will set the following rules:
- For every day missed of writing I must have one picture taken of me in the pants.
- Failure to meet my weekly goal will result in 2 pictures at the end of said week.
- For each day of exceeded expectation one picture will be deleted.
- If I have already met daily goals and exceeded weekly goals, I can have negative pants pictures to use when I slow down.
- Upon completion of the 50k words being submitted, all pictures of me wearing said pants shall be deleted from existence.
- When not in use, the pants will be buried in my closet with the rest of my shameful secrets.
To add to that I have the following goals:
- Daily – 1666 word minimum, attempt 2000.
- Weekly – 11,662 word minimum, attempt 14,000
- Halfway point is 25k by November 15th but I am taking off three days (9, 10, 11). I will attempt to have at least 35k by the 15th
- Done by midnight November 30th. Hopefully sooner so I have time to sleep.
So we shall see how this works. If anyone else has an amusing idea for motivation please feel free to share a comment.
- NaNoWriMo Writing Tips – Your Blog Needs Love Too (jenniferjrandolph.wordpress.com)